Sunday, August 8, 2010

My best memories of Perlis

Hmph ... now is about 2.30 am ... There is a lot of things in my mind actually . . .

Mostly about FYP ...

But cut to chase, now I am in final year already and ... after 4 years staying in the most undeveloped place in Malaysia i.e: Perlis , I can pretty sure that I had some kind of sentimental attachment to this place . Now, before I gone from this place for good the next year, I gonna share what I will miss about Perlis uniqueness ?

1. Harum Manis


A rare kind of mangoes which is actually sweet and aromatic, hence the name. (P.S : It is yellowish green when it is ripe!) ! ! ! Actually discovered it's existence accidentally in 4th  semester when I and my besties were roaming randomly around Sungai Batu Pahat. If my memory served me correctly, the season is around May to July ... Hmm.. It is either between this 2 month. Then , you will see many roadside stall that will sell harum manis mangoes. 

2. Sporting community


Maybe Perlis people really got nothing better to do till the level when there is a big Piala Liga Malaysia going on, there are bound to be many people there inside the Stadium Besar Perlis. Why don't they support EPL you might asked ? Probably the mountainous area in whole Perlis makes the Astro reception poor :( . Damn , don't talk about ESPN . . .

3. Beautiful scenery


Truly as the most undeveloped state in Malaysia probably had its advantages. :) I could post more pics about Perlis places but probably you can find more professional shoot in Internet.  This photo is taken at the junction between Wang Ulu and Sungai Batu Pahat. 

4. Friendly people


Yup, the Perlis people is also friendly in a very caring way. Say that the famous Aunty Chin nasi ekonomi in Kangar, I love to eat there if I pass by Kangar between 11 am ~ 2pm ( This is the first time , there is eateries open at this time!) . This semester when I first time go there to eat, she greeted me.

Aunty Chin: Ah di ah , chin chiak ku boh kuah dio le lor. Puah ni chao kir di gor? 
(Little kids, long time no see already. Where you had been for 1/2 year?)

Even for 1 semester I am in absent in Perlis , at least I know got someone misses me :P ... Blek ... 

Oh and the Kangar, there is also another Thai Uncle in Huang Hol Foodcourt whom are very friendly also selling the fried rice. He always add  extra rice and prawns whenever I eat there. 

5. Grape farm


You might not believed it but actually there is a grape farm existed in Perlis . You might say bluffing or stuffs like that but next time if you happened to be around Sungai Batu Pahat, you can take a round there and see the famous grape farms but it is not for public to enter and eat the grapes! That leaves you wondering how on Earth they manage to grow the grapes in hot and humid weather.

6.  Perlis Road is damn straight 


The probability of being lost in Perlis is almost zero because all the roads as shown in pictures above without any sharp curves and shortcuts we are accustomed too ... 

7. Relative safety in Perlis


In Perlis, it is relatively safe to put your stuffs in bus terminal w/o anyone watching it, even  a laptop bag especially in Kuala Perlis.  Come and see my laptop bag in the left pictures. :) You can relatively put your bag there and go to toilet for 5 mins and without worrying your stuff will go missing. 


That's all on what I can think of Perlis uniqueness . 

Good night all and hope this random bambling helps me sleep ....

zZZZ . . .

Update: This is my personal map of Perlis. Nothing fancy here but if you what so ever want to drop by Perlis, you can print out the map and ask taxi driver to take you there !


UPDATE: Include the must visit places in Perlis. Enjoy the map !




No comments:

Another random post to read ? Come !

Related Posts with Thumbnails